top of page
- Sat, 21 Janat the ICES Auditorium , ColomboA discussion on the new book, by Dr. Rajan Hoole and Kirupa Hoole, Democracy Stillborn: Lankas Rejection of Equal Rights at
- Tue, 06 Decat the ICES Auditorium, ColomboThe International Centre for Ethnic Studies is pleased to invite you to a discussion of the book Sustaining Support for Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Thu, 13 Octat the ICES Auditorium, ColomboWe Are Present: Women's Histories of Conflict, Courage, and Survival is a collection of women’s oral histories of conflict-experiences and its impact in Sri Lanka
- Thu, 04 AugZoom eventShared Sanctities is a publication and documentary film series by Sujeewa de Silva and Hasini Haputhanthri,
- Wed, 06 JulThe Constitutional Role of the Attorney-GenWhat is the constitutional role of the Attorney-General? The presenter argues that the AG's department takes the character of an institution
- Thu, 31 Marat the ICES Auditorium , ColomboNimanthi Perera-Rajasingham’s bookAssembling Ethnicities in Neoliberal Timesexplores how free markets or liberalization has impacted and channeled the pathways of ethnonationalism and war. In this talk, she will focus on the state-corporate-military nexus
- Mon, 31 Janonline event on 31st January
- Thu, 27 Janonline event on 27th January
- Mon, 22 Novonline event on the 22nd of Nov.Between Memory and History is a virtual discussion in a series developed by
- Tue, 02 Novonline event , 2nd of NovemberOther Peoples Shoes is a virtual discussion in a series developed by the Sri Lanka Barometer under the
- Mon, 30 AugOnline event on the 30th of August
- Wed, 18 Augat the ICES Auditorium , ColomboWaves Across the South: A New History of Revolution and Empire 18th August@ 5.30 PM Conversation with Sujith Sivasundaram, Fara Haniffa and Radhika Coomaraswamy. This discussion has been postponed because of an emergency. We regret any inconvenience caused.
- Wed, 02 JunCountering Hate Speech:ICES Webinar SeriesThe series explores the impact of hate speech in diverse societies, discuss the role of mainstream and digital media in promoting hate speech, disinformation, and stereotypes, and train advocates to develop creative counter-narratives and relate persuasive stories that are evidence-based, ethical,
- Wed, 18 NovFacebook LiveThese six webinars explored the challenges that we face in learning about and engaging with the past in multi-religious, multi-ethnic contexts. This webinar series was presented in collaboration with the Rosa Luxembourg Stiftung.
- Mon, 10 Febat the ICES Auditorium , Colombo( please not that the event has been Cancelled) Professor Yan Hairong and Professer Barry Sautman In mid-to-late 2019, Hong Kong had over 900 demonstrations, including some very large ones. The protests were ostensibly about stopping Hong Kongs government from extraditing accused
- Thu, 30 Janat the ICES Auditorium , Kandyby Professor Benedikt Korf Department of Geography, University of Zurich This talk is dedicated to the work of late Professor Shahul Hasbullah. I will discuss collaborative research done with late Professor Shahul Hasbullah on the politics of boundary demarcations of local administrative units in
- Tue, 28 Janat the ICES Auditorium , ColomboTerritorial anxieties and the impossibility of boundary demarcation This talk is dedicated to the work of late Professor Shahul Hasbullah.
- Thu, 08 Augat the ICES Auditorium , Kandy08 August 2019 (Thursday) 4:00 6:00 p.m.
bottom of page