top of page
- Fri, 15 SeptICES Auditorium15 Sept, 19:00 – 21:00ICES Auditorium, Kynsey Terrace, Colombo 00800, Sri Lanka
- Fri, 30 JunJetwing colombo seven30 Jun, 10:00 – 17:00Jetwing colombo seven, 57 Ward Pl, Colombo 00700, Sri Lanka30th of June at Jetwing Colombo Seven
- Sat, 21 Janat the ICES Auditorium , Colombo21 Jan, 16:00at the ICES Auditorium , Colombo, WV7G+H26, Colombo 00700, Sri LankaA discussion on the new book, by Dr. Rajan Hoole and Kirupa Hoole, Democracy Stillborn: Lankas Rejection of Equal Rights at
- Tue, 06 Decat the ICES Auditorium, Colombo06 Dec 2022, 16:30at the ICES Auditorium, Colombo, 00800 Kynsey Terrace, Colombo 00800, Sri LankaThe International Centre for Ethnic Studies is pleased to invite you to a discussion of the book Sustaining Support for Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Thu, 13 Octat the ICES Auditorium, Colombo13 Oct 2022, 18:00at the ICES Auditorium, Colombo, 2 Kynsey Terrace, Colombo 00800, Sri LankaWe Are Present: Women's Histories of Conflict, Courage, and Survival is a collection of women’s oral histories of conflict-experiences and its impact in Sri Lanka
- Thu, 04 AugZoom event04 Aug 2022, 18:00Zoom eventShared Sanctities is a publication and documentary film series by Sujeewa de Silva and Hasini Haputhanthri,
- Wed, 06 JulThe Constitutional Role of the Attorney-Gen06 Jul 2022, 18:00 – 19:00The Constitutional Role of the Attorney-GenWhat is the constitutional role of the Attorney-General? The presenter argues that the AG's department takes the character of an institution
- Thu, 31 Marat the ICES Auditorium , Colombo31 Mar 2022, 16:00at the ICES Auditorium , Colombo, 2 Kynsey terrace, Colombo, Sri LankaNimanthi Perera-Rajasingham’s bookAssembling Ethnicities in Neoliberal Timesexplores how free markets or liberalization has impacted and channeled the pathways of ethnonationalism and war. In this talk, she will focus on the state-corporate-military nexus
- Mon, 31 Janonline event on 31st January31 Jan 2022, 10:30online event on 31st January
- Wed, 18 Augat the ICES Auditorium , Colombo18 Aug 2021, 16:00at the ICES Auditorium , Colombo, 2 Kynsey terrace, Colombo, Sri LankaWaves Across the South: A New History of Revolution and Empire 18th August@ 5.30 PM Conversation with Sujith Sivasundaram, Fara Haniffa and Radhika Coomaraswamy. This discussion has been postponed because of an emergency. We regret any inconvenience caused.
- Wed, 02 JunCountering Hate Speech:ICES Webinar Series02 Jun 2021, 10:00Countering Hate Speech:ICES Webinar SeriesThe series explores the impact of hate speech in diverse societies, discuss the role of mainstream and digital media in promoting hate speech, disinformation, and stereotypes, and train advocates to develop creative counter-narratives and relate persuasive stories that are evidence-based, ethical,
- Wed, 18 NovFacebook Live18 Nov 2020, 19:00 GMT+5:30 – 09 Dec 2020, 23:00 GMT+5:30Facebook LiveThese six webinars explored the challenges that we face in learning about and engaging with the past in multi-religious, multi-ethnic contexts. This webinar series was presented in collaboration with the Rosa Luxembourg Stiftung.
- Mon, 10 Febat the ICES Auditorium , Colombo10 Feb 2020, 16:00at the ICES Auditorium , Colombo, 2 Kynsey terrace, Colombo, Sri Lanka( please not that the event has been Cancelled) Professor Yan Hairong and Professer Barry Sautman In mid-to-late 2019, Hong Kong had over 900 demonstrations, including some very large ones. The protests were ostensibly about stopping Hong Kongs government from extraditing accused
- Thu, 30 Janat the ICES Auditorium , Kandy30 Jan 2020, 16:00at the ICES Auditorium , Kandy, 554/6A Peradeniya Rd, Kandy 20000, Sri Lankaby Professor Benedikt Korf Department of Geography, University of Zurich This talk is dedicated to the work of late Professor Shahul Hasbullah. I will discuss collaborative research done with late Professor Shahul Hasbullah on the politics of boundary demarcations of local administrative units in
bottom of page